Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Almost no eyebrows


As you can see, my eyebrows and eyelashes have just about all fallen out. When I had chemo last year I didn't lose them, so this is a new experience for me. It's not really too much of a bad thing, it's just weird to look in the mirror and see nothing there!

Things have been pretty good the last few days with nothing new to report health wise really. They did give me some platelets yesterday morning but today my blood counts were high enough to just barely pass without having to get any transfusions. A nurse told me that my blood counts will probably fluctuate up and down a little bit while they are at this low point of the treatment, so I might have to have some transfusions still later on this week. Hopefully though they will just start to rise soon and I can get outta here! Things have pretty much gone as well as they can possibly go while being in here, I've been really blessed! I just am really hoping that the trend continues and I quickly reach the point where I am released to my freedom! Is my boredom showing yet? Haha, I shouldn't complain though since things have been so good!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Marcia actually . . . . . .
    Ewwwww! Ryan, that picture is a little creepy! But at least you don't have to worry about a UNI-BROW! This has been quite an adventure, hasn't it!? We've had a few ups and downs, but I'm really amazed at how far the ups have out-numbered the downs - aren't you! Lots of little miracles along the way - Maybe I should list them all - another day. Sure do love you, Ryan! What a MAN! XXOO Mom (Marcia)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Ryan! I'm just posting this to give you something to read. I wish we could come visit you again, but Seth has been coughing so we're staying away. Did you enjoy the PC Gamer? Will you likely be home by Valentine's Day? We'll keep our fingers crossed that you will! See you!
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lost most of my eyebrows about a year ago also. They came back, thankfully!

    Glad you are hanging in there.

    Tell your mom I came across some fun pictures of her in college. I'll email some to you.

    ReplyDelete